Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Pancake Princess

February 12, National Pancake Day. AS IN TODAY. Hellooo - how could I not have known about this until this afternoon?!? You realize what this means of course.

Buckle up Baby, Mama's takin' you to IHOP for a free shortstack!

Being the generous daughter I am, I called Grammy and Poppy and offered to take them to dinner. MP sampled all five syrups, and surprised everyone by eating nearly all three of her complimentary pancakes. She actually ate more than I did, which is a first -- I'm chalking it up to a growth spurt. Unbelievably, she even sat in her seat the entire meal.

And topping off a memorable night ... a PRINCESS. What are the chances? Watching MP's face as she studied Miss Montana (yes, the real Miss Montana) serving pancakes in a tiara and apron (with an official pageant photographer in tow, if you can believe it) was priceless. 'Riveted' doesn't begin to describe.

I, myself, was riveted by the pure cheesy goodness of a beauty queen in a pancake house.

You're asking yourself, "can it get any better?"

After a warm bath, a squeaky clean MP and her full tummy crawled into bed and fell instantly, deeply asleep.

IHOP is magic.

2 comments:

Ms Single Mama said...

Wow!!! I can't wait until Benjamin can sit still at a restaurant. That in itself is reason to celebrate!

mommypie said...

You're so right! I think the more I expose her to the "fine dining" experience, the better it gets. Now if I could only get her to keep her shoes and socks on...